1. Support design, development, and implementation of upgraded financial reporting systems, maintaining the system ongoing (Hyperion Financial Management and Essbase)
Collaborated with HFM team to solve consolidation and data issues within the system platform. Re created spreadsheets using new HFM system versus hyperion to analyze variance changes in data from one system to the next..
2. Maintain reporting functions in the financial consolidation software, including building new reports and maintaining existing reports based on changes to reporting standards and related metadata.
Created HFM smartview spreadsheets to assist in financial decision making and to have a manipulative template to use going forward for future ad hoc assignments.
3. Identify areas for business process improvement
Charted and documented internal audit processes using internal information system and recommend improvements (automating data entry, increasing sample size) for increased efficiency. Streamlined and automated Risk Management reporting and documentation processes (8 hrs/month saved)
4. Support data issues related to entities going live on the new GL
Excel table mapped between systems using vlookups and pivot tables to consolidate several different internal systems to report accounting and financial data to executive management teams
5. Act as a formal and informal trainer on financial systems (training classes and phone/webcast)
Trained operations on what goes on in the Risk Management Treasury group using online Powerpoint presentation. Recommended actions to decrease volatility on financial statement concerning FX transactions
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, and MBA in Finance and Financial Accounting
Past president and active member of NABA, Michigan Association of Accountants
Hyperion, HFM technical experience including support